NARIP Music Supervisor Sessions
Intimate Meeting & Pitch Session at Berlin Music Week with
Cinesong’s Milena Fessmann
on Thursday, September 4, 2014 (10:30 a.m.)
In Berlin, Germany
OTHER NARIP / BERLIN MUSIC COMMISSION EVENTS
- Sep 4, 10:30 a.m. NARIP Music Supervisor Session with Cinesong’s Milena Fessmann
- Sep 4, 1:45 p.m. NARIP Music Supervisor Session with White Horse Music’s Gerrit Winterstein
In Berlin? Then attend NARIP’s Music Supervisor Sessions at Berlin Music Week!
These sessions have sold out four years in a row at Berlin Music Week and at Berlin Goes SXSW (featuring Gary Calamar, Andrea von Foerster, Angela Leus, Heather Kreamer, Paul Logan and Michael Hill), and due to demand, we make this special LIMITED ENROLLMENT program available to you as well.
OVER 150 PLACEMENTS FROM NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSIONS
Our small format works! NARIP Session participants have placed over 150 tracks as a direct result of NARIP Sessions.
DON’T GET LOST IN THE CROWD : SMALL IS THE NEW BIG
NARIP Sessions are deliberately kept small and intimate, which is just one reason they work so well and why participants have enjoyed over 150 placements to date. Limited enrollment of 16 people per session guarantees that registrants meet and get face-time with our guest. Registrants also get a brief of the guest supervisor’s CURRENT music needs, a chance to pitch plus immediate feedback at each session, taking the mystery out of why a piece of music does or doesn’t fit. On-the-spot feedback enables registrants to re-work tracks and get them licensed.
Placements secured and professional relationships formed through NARIPs music supervisor sessions have earned praise and many placements! See TESTIMONIALS and PLACEMENTS sections below.
Music supervisor Milena Fessmann is our special guest at this NARIP Music Supervisor Session, she will be seeking new music for current projects. Limited enrollment of 15 people per session guarantees face-time with her, registrants get brief of his CURRENT music needs prior to the session to help them better prepare, a chance to pitch plus immediate feedback from him to YOUR material. In NARIP’s intimate session, you get to meet and pitch him for current opportunities.
ABOUT MILENA FESSMANN
Since 1991, Milena Fessmann has worked as a DJ and Presenter for various radio stations, and currently DJs at Radio Eins/RBB (since 1996) with her own weekly show called “free falling“. She is moderator of several national and international events and panels such as Cartoon Movie Award (Potsdam 2002-2008) and works for Meet The Filmmakers at the Apple-Store, Berlin. In 1989 she founded the music supervision company CINESONG and has music supervised over 140 movies including “Pina” by Wim Wenders which received an Oscar Nomination for Best Foreign Film 2012). In 2011 she founded Sugar Town Filmproduktion Gmbh & Co. Kg and is currently producing the music documentary “Who’s That Man” about the famous German music producer Conny Plank and has three other fiction projects in development. She is a member of the European Soundtrack Academy and teaches at the DFFB Film School, Berlin.
Select Music Supervision Credits:
- Girls on Top (Director: Dennis Gansel, Olga-Film, 2001)
- Do Fish Do it (Director: Almut Getto, Icon Film, 2002)
- Solino (Director: Faith Akin, Wüste Film, 2002)
- Breaking Loose (Director: Marco Kreuzpaintner, Olga Film, 2003)
- The ninth Day „ Director: Volker Schlöndorf, Provobis Film
- Requiem (Director: Hans-Christian Schmidt, 23/5 Films, 2006)
- The Three Investigators and Skeleton Island Director: Florian Braxmeyer, Studio)
- Hexe Lilli (Director: Stefan Ruzowitzki, Blue eyes Fiction
- Palermo Shooting (Director: Wim Wenders, Neue Road Movies
- Wer wenn nicht wir (Director: Andres Veiel, Zero one)
- Eden (Director: Peter Dörfler, Rohfilm)
- Hexe Lilli 2 (Director: Harald Sicheritz, blue eyes fiction)
- Groupies bleiben nicht zum Frühsück (Director: Marc Rothemund, Samfilm )
- Rubbeldiekatz (Director: Detlev Buck, Film 1 )
- Pina (Director: Wim Wenders, neue Roadmovies, Oscar Nomination Best Foreign Film 2012)
- Türkisch für Anfänger (Director: Bora Dagtekin, Rat Pack Filmproduktion, 2012)
- A Most wanted Man (Director: Anton Corbijn, 2013)
- Everything Will Be Fine (Director: Wim Wenders, 2014)
- Players Games (Director: Marco Petry, Fox Germany, 2014)
- Rico, Oskar und die Tieferschatten (Director; Neele leane Vollmer 2014)
- Die abhandene Welt (Director: Margarethe von Trotta 2014
- Who’s That Man
Come meet Milena!
Deadline to register for limited complimentary pitch spots is Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Click here to register NOW.
Click here to read what people say about NARIP’s Music Supervisor Sessions.
NARIP MUSIC SUPERVISOR SESSIONS IN THE NEWS,
PLACEMENTS & SUCCESS STORIES
See full list of NARIP placements to date here. For articles in The Guardian (UK), MusikWeek (UK), Musik Woche (Germany), Taxi Drivers: Cinema e Cultura Metropolitano (Italy), MEOW (US) and other publications, and to read about NARIP members and session participants who have made almost 100 placements as a direct result of NARIP Sessions, click here.
Special thanks to Olaf “Gemse” Kretschmar
Deadline to register for limited complimentary pitch spots is 12:00 midnight August 26, 2014. Click here to register NOW.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
10:30 a.m..– Program begins
1:00 p.m. – Program ends
Postbahnhof am Ostbahnhof
Straße der Pariser Kommune 8
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Artist Managers, Producers & Artist Reps
A&R, Artist Development and Marketing Executives
Record, Distribution & Music Publishing Executives
Anyone seeking placement opportunities in film and television.
COST : FREE
Priority will be given first to German delegates.
Berlin Music Week badge holders only please, click here to register now.
The EU and Berlin Music Commission are sponsors of this event (NARIP is hosting and NARIP’s Tess Taylor will moderate), so please use this external link to sign up, click here NOW.
This event will fill up fast, and those who do not get a slot to pitch are welcome to attend and observe. Berlin Music Week badge holders only please! You will be notified by xxx if you are selected, and we will keep a waiting list in case slots open up later.
FOLLOW US, LIKE US, LOVE US!
TWEET ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS & EVENT
Call 818-769-7007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCES FOR MORE INFO
Get connected. Stay connected.
The National Association of Record Industry Professionals is
the biggest music business network in the world, now in nine major cities.
We promote career advancement, education and good will among record executives.